- Choose the class and size of the planet.
- Enter the initial number of animals/plants in the first column.
- Enter the number of animals/plants used by the economy per round in the second column.
- Click on SIMULATE.
What you get is the number of animals/plants during the following day. Vertical lines are 6 hour intervals. The horizontal line for each species represents the the original state (i.e. without economy).
There is a so called built-in ecosimulator in the game. It's a premium feature, so you have to subscribe for it. You can access it on the profile page of your planets, and not only does it import all the data from that planet, but it simulates 10 days instead of 1, and you can set the number of different factories directly.
If you want to know how the ecosystem works in Zandagort (and in real life), read this blog post.
The table below shows the relationship among different species. The colours indicate the following:
- Yellow: the species is limiting its own growth (true for all species in the game)
- Red: either the two species compete for the same resources or the one in the row is consumed by the one in the column
- Green: the species in the row consumes the species in the column